Friday 23 March 2012

2. How effective is the combination of your main product and ancillary texts?



_______________________________________________________



‘Hollyoaks’ creates a package of their upcoming week, ‘fire week’ including a trailer and poster from looking at these and comparing them to the media package that I created looking at the different ways they created a brand identity and the different techniques that I used to create a brand identity across my different products.




I found that one of the main things that the trailer used to create a brand identity was by using the same characters, doing this allows the audience to see who the main characters are involved in the up coming plot line. This is something I did with my trailer and poster, by including the same characters it allows the audience time to identify with them before the soap beings. Along with seeing who the main characters will be, uderstanding the type of charatcers they will be.


Another thing that ‘Hollyoaks’ trailer and poster did to link them with including the same titles and information that the audience need. These where place in similar areas, with it being at end of the trailer and on the far side in the dead areas on the poster. By doing this the audience are able to understand the link and gain the information that they need, having it at then end means that they are more likely to remember it.  For my trailer and poster I place mine information in the same place being that hopefully it will have the same impact on the audience. Along with showing the same information I made the front used of the titles in the trailer and poster the same doing this create a brand identity across my poster and trailer. ‘Hollyoaks’ also did though being that they did not uses as many titles it is hard to see but it does create a brand identity for the trailer and poster.       

The main link created between the trailer and poster is the theme of fire and can be seen in the trailer through the characters movement with it coming from there hand, and what they are saying, whereas in the poster the characters are on fire. Creating this clear link between the poster and trailer allows the audience to see that they are part of brand identity. By using the theme of fire it highlights the way in which the episodes are going to explosive. Where as in my trailer and poster I did not have a theme across the different texts, however for each of them I clear show the soaps logo. In which it brings over the way in which the soap is set at a school and is aimed at that age rage. By using it across my products it allows the audience to see how they are part of the same identity.   


I was unable to find a magazine that linked in with the brand identity because the magazine cover are created by a different company, however with my magazine I was able to put in links that made it part of the brand but still keep an individuals magazine cover that brought over the soap and other programmes.

No comments:

Post a Comment